Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Monday, January 24, 2011

Juun.J Men’s Fall 2011


We're back kiddas! Picking up where we left off last friday (Dries Van Notten, Viktor & Rolf, etc). Fashion week Fall 2011 is exploding everywhere left and right. So we have decided to cover and to inform all you dedicated and darling followers of ours with official coverage from the shows. Note: The picture selections you see are my picks exclusively. There is obviously much more in the collection itself. But as always, I only select the pieces that speak to me, the ones that make me feel something from an expressionist point of view.

Next up, Juun.J Men’s Fall 2011. According to fashion writer John Ortved...
"Bigness isn’t a word I use all that often, but it’s one of the overarching themes for Fall 2011: exploding shearling, walls of fur, linings upon linings, cable knits on sweaters like ropes on freighters. Korean designer Juun.J has embraced this facet of the season with gusto, adding multiple jackets to a single look, letting their sleeves hang on to other sleeves. But giving in to “more” with a certain eloquence.

The effect could be hexapodol, but the insectile looks carried way more weight than any bug. This was a fascinating collection, and made me wonder why Junn.J doesn’t have more pickup in the US. There was fantastic tension in every look; the shearling interior and mohair exterior in one of his coat looked like they were attacking each other, straining for possession on the wearer’s body. Same with the leather motorcycle jacket, lined with yet more shearling. And again with a down jacket encased in synthetic, but balanced out with wool.

There were also some individual pieces that I can’t get out of my head: the first pinstripe jumpsuit I’ve ever seen, an oxford shirt with cashmere sleeves, and a science fiction-y grew wool sweater boasting the aforementioned extra pounds of wool.

All in all, big props.






No comments:

Post a Comment