Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Duffy Sings For Her Boy



'My Boy' off Welch singer Duffy's album 'Endlessly', is set to be her next single. I dug the track at first listen and could not contain myself from hitting the repeat button insistently after. I Hoped that Duffy's label would support and push behind this astounding tune and not let it go under the radar, as a ton of other head executives from labels usually do.

There are only so many Clive Davis', L.A. Reids', Simon Cowells', and yours truly around that have that instinctual golden ear. The light, upbeat and melodic tune, 'My Boy' was written by famous writer/singer Albert Hammond (father of the Strokes Albert Hammond Jr).

So who's Duffy's 'Boy'? The song was written about her relationship with 6' 3" rugby player Mike Phillips.
"I had a piece missing," the Grammy Award winning singer, 26, tells PEOPLE Magazine. "I thought, "Who am I going to have those special moments with?' I needed some arms around me."

A self-described "hopeless romantic," the Welsh-born singer-songwriter found that comfort in rugby star Michael Phillips, whom she began dating in September 2009.

"The story is yet to be finalized," she says, "but it seems like a happy ending."


My Boy will officially be released on March 14, 2011 but until then scope out the gnarly tune below.



No comments:

Post a Comment