Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Kate Winslet Is April's "Glamour" Girl



Kate Winslet struts an intense vogue pose whiling donning a Herve Leger by Max Azria piece on the cover of Glamour mag's April edition. She parred her sexy-tight, jeweled embellished number, with a pair of Van Cleef & Arpels earrings. Scope out what the Academy-Award winner had to share...

On weight struggles when she was younger... “I will tell you that when I was heavy, people would say to me - and it was such a backhanded compliment - they would say, ‘You’ve got such a beautiful face,’ in the way of, like, ‘Oh, isn’t it a shame that from the neck down you’re questionable.’ ”

On whether she’s had plastic surgery or wants to change anything about her body... “No, I have never tried any of that stuff…I don’t have parts of my body that I hate or would like to trade for somebody else’s or wish I could surgically adjust into some fantasy version of what they are.”

On what it was like to win the Oscar... “I was the kid who never won the races. I never jumped the highest. I wasn’t on the list of the high-achieving. That wasn’t me, so winning the Oscar was like winning all the prizes in one single night that I never won as a kid. For me, it was an internal-fist-pumping moment of yes.”

On if her ambition has changed since winning an Oscar...“I have just wanted to be an actress. That’s always been my goal. I didn’t want to be famous. I wanted to play incredibly challenging, multifaceted characters. Because we are all a puzzle.”



On the difficulties of raising kids...“The challenge is making sure that they’re never treated different just because I sometimes am. I always want them to be regular kids who are grateful and respectful of other human beings. I want them to know that when we fly first-class, that they are lucky. The highest compliment I could ever receive about my kids - and I can say that this does happen frequently - is when the in-flight crew say to me, ‘Your children are wonderful. They are so well-behaved.’ Every time I am told that, I could weep.”

Is the idea of getting married again still appealing..."That’s a question I definitely can’t answer…but of course I believe in marriage. Commitment to one other person in life is glorious."

Let me ask you about your kids. What is the challenge of raising them as they become more and more conscious of your public life..."The challenge is making sure that they’re never treated different just because I sometimes am. I always want them to be regular kids who are grateful and respectful of other human beings. I want them to know that when we fly first-class, that they are lucky. The highest compliment I could ever receive about my kids—and I can say that this does happen frequently—is when the in-flight crew say to me, “Your children are wonderful. They are so well-behaved.” Every time I am told that, I could weep."

I assume you’re worried about what they are going to learn when they start surfing the Internet..."I am nervous about the day that Mia can google [my name]. That’s the reason I am so careful not to talk about the question that people always ask of me: “So what actually happened between you and Sam?” That explanation will never come out of my mouth. Never."

You mean, not in public..."Right, because when my children want to know what actually happened, I want to be the first person they have that conversation with. I don’t want them to read something and believe it, when it probably isn’t true anyway."

Are you uncomfortable being a celebrity..."It’s bizarre. I am a person. I am not a soap opera. There is never going to be a next [tabloid] installment about my life because my own stuff is my own stuff."

Dig more on Kate over at Glamour.com


Watch Kate Winslet win her much-deserved Best Actress statue at the 2009 Oscars.



No comments:

Post a Comment