Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Triumphant Return From The Greatest Rock n' Roll Band Of The 21st Century




The Strokes are officially back kiddas. They've unveiled the video for their new single, "Under Cover of Darkness" which is featured on the band's upcoming fourth record "Angles". This is the official follow-up since their hiatus after 2006's 'First Impressions of Earth'.

Julian Casablancas is a vocal predator. Along with his equally talented mates, Nick Valensi, Albert Hammond Jr., Nikolai Fraiture, and Fabrizio Moretti, a triumphant return from a band whom I consider the greatest Rock n' Roll act of the 21st century. After lead singer, Julian, wrapped his first ever solo venture with the album 'Phrazes For The Young, it was long questioned whether we'd ever see the luscious four together again.

A las, our wishes and hopes have been answered. Julian Casablancas' voice still features a punch that delivers a wide range in pitch and combines elements of grit and soul.

I guess you can say Julian is partly to blame for my evolution and adoration into modern rock 'n' roll musique. Seeing The Strokes live for the first time back in 2001 at the baby age of 14, you could imagine the impact and impression that was left on me ever since. Ten years and 10 shows later, Julian's energy, although showcased mostly in small steps, while singing on stage, transcends a feeling of definitive and masterful rock star presence that only this New Yorker can make come alive nowadays.

I mean, he said it himself in the new song 'Undercover Of Darkness'...
"Are you OK? I've been all around this town. Everybody's been singing the same song for ten years. I'll wait for you. Will you wait for me too? And they sacrifice their lives, In the land of all closed eyes. I've been saying it a billion times, And I'll say it again."

Without further ado...Dig The Strokes’ new video, as it features the band playing around a Victorian surrounding and eventually luring the viewers, lead by a conductor, into receiving a standing ovation in it's finale.



Just look at cutie pie Nick Valensi (Guitarist)


No comments:

Post a Comment